Experience Confirmed (4-5 years)
Are you passionate about science? Are you able to spot newsworthy research and make it fascinating for a different audiences?
For one of our clients, a leading scientific organisation, we are looking for a Science Communications Manager.
- Develop and implement science communication strategies and project plans
- Identify newsworthy articles across a wide range of scientific fields
- Produce media content explaining scientific discoveries to different audiences
- Ensure scientific accuracy of all content
- Publish search-engine optimized posts on the website
- Liaise with journal teams and scientists for content production and approval
- Maintain a journalist database & develop media relationships
- Monitor media pick up and analyse key metrics and report on KPIs
- Manage the science communications budget
- Manage a pool of freelance science writers
- Native-level English speaker
- Master’s Degree or higher in any scientific field, or Bachelor’s Degree in any scientific field plus a minimum of 2 years’ experience as a researcher
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a scientific communicator, science journalist or communicating complex topics to journalists and a diverse audiences
- Demonstrated ability in developing, implementing and reporting back on communication strategies
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Experience with managing websites
- Excellent time-management skills, with ability to juggle multiple projects
- Ambitious and proactive individual
Interested? Then we eagerly await your application!