Our client is a world leader in the manufacture and supply of alloy systems and metals.
To expand their business internationally and fuel their exciting growth plans, our client is looking for a Sales Engineer who will be researching and developing new business opportunities for both their existing and new range of products.
The position is remote, although being in the Liverpool area could be an asset.
If you are interested in being part of a longstanding workforce, working within a business culture that promotes a healthy work life balance, gives you the freedom to take ownership of your workload whilst working autonomously, and provides strong support to enhance your knowledge and skills through self-development, then please apply.
- Research, analyse, and develop new business opportunities for new and exist products
- Ensure sales targets are met in respect of global accounts in EMEA and the US
- Visit customers, attend business conferences and meetings, strengthen the company’s competitive position within the industry
- Prepare and issue costs
- Assist customers with queries related to quotations and orders, handle any customer complaints, and process sales orders
- Liaise with production, technical, and shipping functions to meet delivery schedules
- Create business plans to expand into new markets, and generate new revenue streams
- Assist with the identification and management of development projects to bring new products to our core markets
- Analyse product data
- Provide sales forecasts and monitor sales performance
Skills and Qualifications
- Proven track record as a Sales Engineer with experience in financial analysis and sales negotiation
- Fluent business English is essential, additional language skills including French, Spanish, German, Dutch, Portuguese or Italian are highly desirable
- Business analysis and financial modelling skills (such as the ability to use excel cost models to calculate quotes from various different inputs and to be able to analyse sales reports at month end to review and explain the margins)
- Ability to learn complex technical information
- Excellent communication and influencing skills with the ability to develop relationships with internal and external key decision makers
- Strong organisation skills with the ability to manage several projects simultaneously
- Ability and willingness to undertake short and long-haul flights (EMEA, US)
What’s in it for you
- A base salary in the £35,000 to £55,000 range, DOE
- Permanent contract
- 23 days annual leave plus bank holidays (rising to 25 days after 3 years’ service)
- Life insurance
- Employer contributory pension scheme
- Excellent career progression opportunities