Experience Confirmed (4-5 years)
Are you keen on joining a fast growing and multicultural company? Would you enjoy being part of an international team? Keep Reading!
To strengthen my client’s support team, I am looking for a Product Support Engineer, in Manchester, UK.
My client is a software editor specialised in industrial supervision software. It has offices across Europe, and you will work in close collaboration with Paris’ Office.
You will be part of the Support Team and be involved in supporting users in regards with software incidents.
Your main skills are:
• Ability to help Customers troubleshoot and diagnose Application and/or Product issues in a timely manner
• Ability to communicate technical issues or concepts to a wide audience of technical understanding
• Ensure the resolution of technical problems to the customer’s satisfaction
• Update Customer Support tickets accurately and help maintain an internal Technical Knowledgebase
• Provide onsite Consultancy and complete professional written reports to customers (as required)
• Provide Pre-Sales technical support to the international sales team (as required)
• Assist technically with pre-sales demonstrations (as required)
This position is progressive and may lead you to participate in pre-sales actions to support the sales team.
Qualifications and technical skills
BSc. or Master’s degree in Industrial computing or related technical field.
You have at least 5 years’ experience providing technical support in industrial computing.
• Industrial supervision / Industrial computing
• Communication protocols and industrial networks – Modbus…
• Experience of Visual Basic scripting ; an ability to understand C# and .net would also be of interest especially an object oriented language
• Experience of MS SQL Server or other Database platforms.
• Have an understanding of Microsoft Windows Operating Systems, Virtual Environments and Networking.
• Have an understanding of one or two real-time communication layers such as OPC/UA, Modbus IP, Bacnet, IEC 61850, DMP3, LON between hardware and software sub-systems.
• Must be able to work as part of a small team as well as autonomously.
• Must be able to communicate to all levels in the company in good English, verbally as well as written.
• Must have a dynamic and flexible approach to working for the company.
• Must have a flexible approach to working on a client’s site both here in the UK and to travelling overseas
• Must be able to take responsibility for a situation and be able to see it through to completion
• Must have good inter-personal skills as your will be interacting with Customers on a daily basis.
• An ability to speak and understand written French will be an advantage.
You will be working in English, so you must be fluent, French is a plus!
You are autonomous, pro-active, and have good communications skills. You have strong analytical and problem-solving skills and want to join a fast-growing company!
Does this sound like the next career step that you have been waiting for? Contact me now