Experience Confirmed (4-5 years)
Are you keen on joining a fast growing and multicultural company? Would you enjoy being part of an exciting team, working on an amazing product ?
To reinforce my client’s engineering development team, I am looking for a Java backend developer, in Geneva, Switzerland.
As a member of my client’s team, you’ll be a key player in making the product the best tool for Code Quality and Security, providing new features that help users write better software, and delivering a high quality and amazingly powerful and popular open-source product.
You will have the opportunity to see your features coming to life in Production, with short iteration loops. Having the roadmap and business priorities in mind, you will be able to choose what you focus on.
Your missions are:
- Develop new features and maintain existing ones
- Work with Product Managers and UX designers to specify new features
- Work with agile methodologies
- Interact with the community on the product forum to support them and integrate their feedback
- Contribute to the definition of the team’s short and long term goals
Qualifications and technical skills
BSc. or master’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field.
You have at least 3 years of experience as a Java developer.
- Developing in Java with clean and maintainable code, having design patterns and architecture in mind
- Doing constructive code reviews
- Design APIs and third-party integrations
- Good knowledge of relational databases
- Implementing features using functional increments, with a short feedback loop
- Taking initiative and having the ability to lead a subject from beginning to end
- Open-minded and very positive can-do attitude
- Comfortable in dealing with change and complexity
- Being able to explain complex technical subjects to non-technical colleagues
- Self-confident enough to challenge the status quo as well as to give & receive feedback, following radical candor guidelines
You will be working in English, so you must be fluent!
You are autonomous, pro-active, and have good communications skills. You have strong analytical and problem solving skills and want to join a fast growing company!
Does this sound like the next career step that you have been waiting for? Contact me now!