Are you keen on joining a fast growing and multicultural company? Would you enjoy being part of an exciting team, working on an amazing product ?
To reinforce my client’s engineering development team, I am looking for a Java backend developer, in Geneva, Switzerland.
You will work on a plugin for popular IDEs including IntelliJ, Eclipse and VSCode, with the aim to help developers fix code quality and security issues before they exist by analyzing and highlighting issues on the fly as you code. In addition, the product integrates with my my client’s server products to further enhance the development experience.
Your mission is to help the team make a tool all developers would love to use in their IDE.
Your missions are:
– Develop the product for IntelliJ, Eclipse or VSCode (add new features, adapt to new versions of IDE, improve performance …)
– Ensure that their analyzers provide a great developer experience in the IDE
– Ensure the product integrates well with the other one.
– Help define the team’s short and long term goals
– Collaborate with Product Managers on defining new features and give your input on product functionality and priorities
– Engage with the Open-Source community and the Support team and integrate their feedback
– Improve your team: perform design and code reviews, challenge the status quo, improve processes, share technical knowledge
Qualifications and technical skills
BSc. or master’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field.
You have at least 3 years of experience as a Java developer.
– Ability to develop in Java with clean code
– Excellent engineering skills and a good understanding of Computer Science fundamentals
– Fluency in source code quality: tests (unit and functional), CI/CD, code reviews
– Experience with agile practices and principles
– Comfortable in dealing with change
– Leadership; you take initiative and demonstrate your ability to lead a subject from beginning to end
– Self-confident to challenge the status quo as well as to be challenged
You will be working in English, so you must be fluent!
You are autonomous, pro-active, and have good communications skills. You have strong analytical and problem solving skills and want to join a fast growing company!
Does this sound like the next career step that you have been waiting for? Contact me now!