Job Position: International Payroll Specialist
Location: Barcelona Area, Remote
Our client is a top leading multinational within the RE The Payroll Specialist/Analyst provides an important service to the organization and each employee by effectively managing the payroll process on a monthly basis. This role helps contribute to the overall service model of the payroll/finance department thereby instilling confidence and supporting an environment of positive morale. The ideal candidate for this position is someone with good expertise on a European level. Additionally, the ideal candidate is also a service-oriented person who enjoys high volume transactional responsibilities and takes pride in the accuracy and thoroughness of their work.
Core Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with the key stakeholders to ensure that payroll is processed accurately and on time with our external payroll providers every pay-run
- Monitor and ensure the payroll and benefits systems are working properly and the data in them is accurate
- Provide an efficient and proactive payroll and benefits service supporting all streams of activity
- Ensure all people changes (new starters, leavers, promotions, etc.) are executed accurately and on time
- Provide a high service standard for our employees, line managers as well as the managing directors for all employment related questions and topics in social security and tax related topics for the EMEA Region
- Ensure processes are up to date and implemented consistently providing feedback to the people leadership team on any improvements to be made
- Drive and support small payroll/finance projects (i.e. implementation of a new payroll vendor) in terms of improving processes, set up of new reports, systems, payroll in new countries etc.
- Responsible for overall compliance of the payroll function
- Advocates and promotes excellence as an integral way by role modelling best practice and behaviors
- Represent Our Client in a professional manner at all times and in all interactions
- Perform all other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
- Successfully completed bachelor studies in economics with focus on HR, Finance or Controlling or successfully completed commercial apprenticeship
- Proven experience and track of record in payroll operations in Europe, preferable in a dynamic, fast-paced and high growth organization would be a plus
- Full proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
- Experience with Concur is a plus
- Very good English; any other European language is a plus. German is highly valuable
- Agile, resilient, and experienced worker, confident with multiple (sometimes conflicting) priorities
- Creative / Innovative thinking for problem solving and opportunities to drive efficiencies
- Strong attention to detail, accurate and diligent
- A precise and structured way of working with strong organizational and communicative skills with diverse audiences and stakeholders
- Articulates clearly and effectively across a range of Stakeholders
- This role is based in the greater Barcelona/Madrid area but with possibilities to work remote
- Excellent follow-through
- Must be driven and self-motivated
Boost you career by joining this amazing company!
Ready to fly higher? Apply now!