Experience Confirmed (4-5 years)
Position: Insurance Consultant Engineer,
We currently have two fantastic opportunities to join the Operations Engineering team as Consultant Engineer based in Milan and reporting to the Group Manager Field Engineering.
The Consultant Engineers will be working out from our office in Milan and will use their expertise to consult with clients to protect their facilities against potential fire, mechanical and electrical breakdowns, and many other hazards, gradually moving to work with high hazard clients.
- Work in partnership with our clients, understanding their businesses and helping them to prevent and to control fire and/or equipment related losses.
- Ensure that all hazards are properly identified at client locations: conduct on-site loss prevention evaluations that identify all reasonably foreseeable physical and human element exposures perils.
- Accurately quantify exposures at client locations to assure that the Account Team places an appropriate level of attention on the exposure and the impact to the business.
- Take appropriate steps to guarantee the operational functionality of protective equipment at client locations to maximize the opportunity for loss mitigation and ensure that the protection systems are maintained at all times.
- Obtain local client understanding and agreement on the hazards/exposures discovered and their potential business impact.
- Achieve practical, effective on-site risk improvement, such as human element / maintenance programs and low / moderate cost physical improvements. And develop a plan for completing target recommendations for high capital improvements align with Account Engineering.
- Illustrate the value-added differential of our client’s engineering capabilities, and in conjunction with Account Engineering innovative methods to educate the client on loss prevention that should be pursued where appropriate.
- Identify upcoming changes to prevent associated exposures, providing timely high quality plan review services for medium complexity changes to ensure that proper loss prevention considerations are achieved at the design stage.
Knowledge & Skills
- Engineering degree educated with a minimum of 2 to 3 years experiences in a high hazard industry (production, maintenance dept. or as process hazards consultant) such as chemical, power generation or pulp & paper. Five years chemical or mechanical degrees would be a plus
- Self-starter, problem-solving oriented and solution provider mindset, along with a genuine desire to bring about risks’ improvement.
- High attention to details, organizational skills, strong analytical thinker with logical application.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal: listening, negotiation and presentation skills are essential.
- Fluency in Italian & English – written & oral. German and Spanish would be a plus
- The role requires extensive travelling in an assigned geographical area, but also throughout the operation territory.