Position: HSE Engineer
Location: Madrid, Spain
Our client is a multinational within the Engineering and Insurance field.
If you have around 2-3 years of experience, and want to be part of a challenging role that offers an already stablished career path, international career opportunities and also an in-house training in their HQ based in the US, keep reading.
You will be in charge of developing Risk and HSE technical documentation, procedures and design systems to protect people from illness and injury and property from damage.
Your will put in practice your knowledge of engineering and of health and safety to make sure that chemicals, machinery, software, furniture, and other products are all registered.
On a daily basis you will
- Maintain and apply knowledge of current health and safety policies, regulations, and industrial processes
- Elaborate and Review plans and specifications for new machinery and equipment to make sure that they meet safety requirements
- Analysis of technical documents based on construction, fire protection systems (including sprinkler systems) or specific risks related to the production equipment and utilities.
- Teamwork with field engineers to develop a comprehensive understanding of the project and help prioritize the risk improvement opportunities.
- Networking with clients and contractors to obtain missing information, provide technical support and influence changes to get the project acceptable for all parties in a timely manner.
- Provide support to – and join where appropriate – field engineers during project kick-off meetings, site surveys during the construction phase or for final acceptance of new protection systems or evaluation of an existing protection.
- Identify potential hazards by inspecting facilities, machinery, and safety equipment
- Evaluate the effectiveness of various industrial control mechanisms
- Ensure that buildings or products comply with health and safety regulations, especially after an inspection that required changes
- Install safety devices on machinery or direct the installation of these devices
- Review employee safety programs and recommend improvements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent, Mechanical is a plus
- Risk, Fire protection or construction project experience is desirable.
- Native level of Spanish, plus advanced in English is a must. Fluency in Italian is desirable.
- You will have to be eligible to travel to the US, 3 times the first year
- Driving car license