A non-profit whose mission is to bring accountability to global corporations and governments is seeking a Finance Manager to join their team in Berlin. This group has won high profile cases on behalf of planet Earth against major corporations for greenwashing, not keeping up sustainable practices as well as oil corporations for not working towards a cleaner future.
In this role, you will be the main point of contact in Germany for the Global Finance Team. You will lead external relationships with local accountants, auditors, payroll providers, tax and regulatory authorities, and banks to ensure we obtain the services we need and comply with local regulations.
Your main responsibilities include:
- Work with local external accountants and local regulators to ensure all regulatory returns, tax filings, and statutory reports are completed accurately and on time
- Ensure monthly VAT returns are processed by the local accountant in a timely manner
- Stay up to date with changes to relevant financial and tax legislation, in order to adapt to global policies and processes for local compliance
- Liaise with the Human Resources team responsible to ensure that staff net pay is uploaded on the bank platform for finance payment approval and deposit in employees’ bank account
- Reconcile banking transactions to ensure the finance system properly reflects the correct cash position
- Weekly processing of purchasing transactions (e.g., purchase invoices and payments, credit card payments, petty cash payments, and staff expenses) in the global finance system
- Responsible for all month- and year-end accounts through to Trial Balance
- Post intercompany transactions and monitor inter-company processes, reconciling intercompany data between ClientEarth Germany GmbH and other entities, ensuring the transactions are accounted for correctly
- An experienced Finance Manager with a minimum of 6 years’ experience
- Experience with charity financial management especially working with restricted funds and different currencies
- Understanding of European VAT accounting rules and charity regulation
- Ideally experience with Access Dimensions
- Understanding German payroll software is a plus
- Native level German & Fluent in English (C2 level for both)
If this sounds like an exciting opportunity to work for a famous non-profit changing the world, please apply!
- 25 days holidays
- 1 week off at Christmas & in August (not deducted from holiday)
- Can work abroad up to 30 days per year