For our international client in Dortmund we are currently looking for a:
European Finance Manager
The European Finance Manager will report to the Hospitality CFO, the role will provide quality business performance analytics, manage budgeting and forecasting, the identification of trends, risk, opportunities and insight to support decision making within the group.
You must be comfortable in analysing large amounts of transaction data, often changing dynamically and in near real time, the successful candidate will have the aptitude to quickly identify and communicate critical insights, which will drive continued growth in our European payments business.
A natural relationships builder at senior levels within the sales and commercial organisations, you will develop a solid understanding of the business and category drivers in the European payments market. You will have significant impact on the business, supporting all aspects of new business and commercial opportunities.
Budgeting and Forecasting – support the budgeting process and key stakeholders in assessing the various opportunities to maximise EBITDA in the European market. Be seen as key to the European sales team achieving and surpassing their targets. We typically run our budget process once per year, updating the forecast every month, the role will take the lead in managing the process for all payments product lines in Europe.
Business performance and analytics – Track geographical and product performance though preparation and distribution of weekly dashboards and monthly packs for sales teams and senior management. Insights will include financial and non-financial KPIs, variance analysis, identification of key trends, pipeline reporting and recommendation actions to manage risks and opportunities.
Opportunity Assessment – build strong relationships with the sales and commercial teams to assess, review and provide recommendations for commercial opportunities, which includes new business, cross-sell, key account renewals, new product or market opportunities.
Stakeholder Management – ultimately the role will be seen as a critical supporting partner of the Hospitality Sales organisation – always putting the needs of the company first, the role will find ways to partner with the Sales Team to win business at the right commercial requirements and terms. When done well, the Sales Team will see the role as a supporter of business, first to be called with new opportunities and an accelerant of winning new business.
Governance – Improving the operational capability of the Hospitality Commercial Finance team, the role will drive pricing improvement and efficiency actions, liaising with key stakeholders to refine and implement actions. Optimise the usage of data systems, helping to identify business reporting needs and driving the standardisation of reporting, reviewing and maintaining key standing data and reporting metrics.
- Qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) and a strong academic record
- Detail oriented with deep financial and commercial acumen
- Powerful communicator, confident to lead presentations with multiple audiences using data and insight to build buy-in to direction
- Leading from the front, you know when to lean in and roll-up sleeves, highly analytical, commercially strong and with a logical approach
- Never afraid to ask the right questions, commercially minded, with a strong focus on KPIs and performances analysis and delivery
- Driven by delivering results, this role is passionate about supporting the business to grow profit
- Knowledge of Software and/or the European Payments landscape highly desirable
- Experience in working within a business that handles a high number of transactions
- Experience of analysing country / division / product performance and identifying trends, risks and opportunities and seeing where best practices can be shared
- Advanced excel skills; pricing experience would be an advantage
- Experience of dealing with senior management, a good communicator and adept at building relationships across teams
- Excellent time management skills, demonstrating high levels of accuracy, thoroughness and reliability whilst coping under pressure
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to convey and relate ideas to others
- Multiple languages or experience working in other European markets beneficial
- Fluent English and German skills – any other language is a plus
If you are interested in this opportunity please send your CV to Meike Luiz: firstname.lastname@example.org