- Languages German
- Experience Senior (+5 years)
Our client, one of the world´s leading pharmaceutical company, is currently looking for their Director of Operations.
Reporting to the Head of Global manufacturing centers, the job holder is responsible for manufacturing operations on site where objective is to fulfill sales demand at the optimum service levels to improve the efficiency and profitability of the plant while delivering customer value. Job holder is part of the Global manufacturing centers management team to support strategy development and deployment.
Tasks and Responsibilities
· Develop and optimize manufacturing capacity and infrastructure in accordance with the strategy defined by Global manufacturing centers organization in order to meet the present and future demands of the marketplace as defined by the sales forecast and the Business Plan.
· Manage/develop manufacturing plant budgets (OPEX/CAPEX) in association with finance team and manage resources to operate within budget (resources to fit with demand planning).
· Maximize assets utilization and their performances with the optimized resources to follow market needs and reduce operational costs.
· Become world class manufacturing with products, services and results by continuously improving effectiveness and efficiency in all operational processes.
· Optimize manufacturing constraints in order to ensure a smooth flow of products and data in order to gain competitive advantage in the value chain by lean project (green belt, kaizen…) or automation.
· Define, build, monitor and analyze Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) and scorecard to drive progresses (continuous improvement process) in the plant and activate the needed action plans.
· Coordinate Process Transfers into production in collaboration with RD and PPD team (Product/Process Dev).
· Perform annual appraisals of direct reports and ensure that staff training needs are met for all employees in collaboration with local HR team.
· Support all Investigation for any incidents, accidents or complaints in collaboration with QA team.
· Ensure that health & safety German regulations are followed.
· Represent production sites during inspections and audits.
· Establish shared services; allocate resources across local and Global centers network to fit with projects needs within the matrix organization.
Qualifications & Experience
· With an engineer background in technical operations, successful experience in managing a manufacturing unit, ideally in the medical device field or pharmaceutical clean room environment.
· About 10 years experiences in manufacturing management.
· Good knowledge of a manufacturing unit to be able to implement a continuous improvement by lean programs, 6 sigma tools.
· Good knowledge of ISO13485 – 21 CFR 820 – standards and GMPs
· Fluent English and German.