Country Director – Remote in Germany
For our international client with HQ in Switzerland we are currently looking for a Country Director for Germany.
The mission of the company is to build alternative long-term solutions to climate change in critical nations by bringing civil society leaders and organization together around common challenges. They support, mentor, and create organizations that speak to members of the public that are not currently reached by existing climate movements and NGOs.
Reporting to the Global Team/ HQ Team, you will have the opportunity to build a national program of work, develop a team and manage resources towards a shared strategy. The role will require someone with political strategy knowledge, the ability to build campaign strategies and deliver them in cooperation with local partners. You will be able to identify new opportunities for building connections between communities with a shared desire to preserve our natural environment. You will be able to lead our unique role of connecting with hard-toreach audiences, connecting climate change to people and organizations often alienated by the climate debate, and showing that there can be an authentic voice for climate action across the political spectrum.
- Develop national-level campaign strategies with measurable impacts: Collate and synthesize public polling information and research. Map the existing civil society organization against these public audiences. Develop a political strategy. Identifying new opportunities. Drive insights and build innovative ways of campaigning. Develop campaign strategy tools.
- Research and Insight: Synthesize and collate any existing public data. Lead the process of any new in-country research. Offer new ideas and opportunities for further research and investigation.
- Campaign development: Lead on delivering these strategies. Seek to build effective and authentic alliances with leaders, organizations, and the public. Have tangible impact and influence.
- Organizing & movement building: Direct and oversee organizing & movement building. Manage partnerships with vendors, partners, and individuals.
- Team building: Recruit and manage a team of passionate and dedicated team members, including: campaign experts, communications specialists, advisors and partners.
- Organizational leadership: Build a Germany case which will be presented to funders and potential new contacts in order to strengthen the existing programs of work and build new ones.
- Managing the office: playing the role of a country leader for the organization – building a good workplace for the team and credibility of the organization to external partners.
- Fundraising: identifying opportunities for applying for local funds to strengthen the portfolio of existing partners and projects.
- Entrepreneur that want to achieve something in society.
- Initiative and a desire to building a lasting presence in Germany.
- You love to work autonomous
- You are results driven and want to see your work create real impact in the world.
- Organized with team members and transparent with decision making.
- Core skills: someone with a strong political knowledge and an understanding of campaigning and communications. Someone with experience of managing teams and experience of managing budgets.
- Fluent English and native German skills
If you are interested please send your CV to email@example.com